Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tim Holtz February tag challenge


Hi everyone!

This is my tag for the Tim Holtz 12 tags challenge. I didn't have all the materials he used so I improvised.




 I used paper from Tim's Wallflower stack and scraps from my stash to create the collage.
I cut 2 hearts from a scrap of fabric and glued them together. I used "festive berries " re-inker to add color to the heart and the arrow is an ideology sticker. I glued the heart to a resin frame that I colored with Distress paints.
I was feeling lazy so instead of sewing I used a stamp to create the stitching around the tag.
I created the corner piece by cutting a metal jewelry finding I had in my stash and I colored it with alcohol ink. I also colored the small heart brad on the top corner of the tag and the small heart that hangs from the metal key.
I found the hearts lace in my stash and it was a pale blue color , so I used my inks to distress it a bit and add it to the tag.


Here is the link for Tim's challenge.
 http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2015-february/

1 comment:

  1. Your tag has a lovely vintage look. Love all your altered elements and the arrow through that vibrant heart is perfect. Gorgeous! Hugs Lottie

    ReplyDelete