Monday, April 14, 2014

Altered Tin



I am trying to get my craft space organized and I decided to re-cycle some empty cookie tins. I started by mixing a small amount of paint with some gesso and painting the tin. I found some white lace, colored it with my inks and added it to the box using tacky glue.
On the lid I used a doily stencil and some modeling paste. After it was dry I added color with distress ink and added some shimmer  with Peal Ex powders.
For the flowers I used dies from Spellbinders and Tim Holtz tattered Florals .  They were made using cream card stock and I added the color using inks and home made glimmer mists. I added some seed beads to the centers of the flowers and made the small  bead spray.
The small butterfly is a sticker. I added a piece of clear plastic, cut around it then added pink color. I finished the box by adding some pink bling around the lid and the bottom.
I had so much fun that I am working on a second one. They just remind me of spring.





No comments:

Post a Comment