Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mostly green Journal Page

Hi,

This week I've been trying to get my scrap room organized but I keep getting distracted or having to take too many "breaks". Yesterday, I grouped  all my gelatos, pencils, and different mediums in small containers trying to decide how to store them efficiently and instead I wound up playing with them.
I began by creating a background with Gelatos and mists, then I used stencils and modeling paste for the leafy backdrop. I used stamps, markers and pencils to add more foliage and added mica fragments  and ultra fine glitter to add more texture.
The parrot is a Stampendous stamp that I colored with pencils, cut out and added to my page using foam adhesive. As a finishing touch I added some small butterflies.




                                                  I used a stencil and modeling paste for the
                                                  large leaf and the small ones on the branch.

this is a close up of the mica fragments and glitter.


                                    I added micro beads to create the body of the tiny butterflies.



I will be participating in Take a Challenge with Mou - July 2015. This months' challenge was to use the color green.
Thanks for watching.

1 comment:

  1. Love the parrot overlooking all the greenery. Love the textures in your colors and the little splashes of colorful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete