Thursday, August 21, 2014

Up-Cycled Tin


Hello!

Today I want to share this altered tin.

I used blue acrylic paint mixed with gesso to paint the tin. Next, I stamped  and embossed Bloom Girl Sharon then colored her using acrylic paint. I added the leaves on the background using a stencil and modeling paste then added some ultra fine pearl glitter while still wet. I used a white wash to tone down the background color and used a marker to outline some parts of the leaves.



For the leaves on the side I used the stencil and paint then added modeling paste over it. 


 I finished by adding pearls and sealing the whole thing with gel medium.



I want to enter this in:
 Bloom Girls August Challenge
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge
Prima PPP challenge







5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous altered tin. I really love the texture of the background. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and cut box !! Congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful box!! i love how you made it so beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your altered tin!! The leaves on the background add great texture! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge "Stencils and Pastes"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! Thanks for joining the August Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete